Part-time Position, 3-6 months, based in Berlin
Knowledge Unlatched (KU) is one of the innovators of scholarly publishing. We provide a digital platform for the funding and dissemination of academic books and journals in Open Access worldwide. KU partners with university libraries and publishers to enable a sustainable model which makes the best research publications freely accessible to students and scholars everywhere. Learn more about us and our mission at www.knowledgeunlatched.org.
We are now looking for some much-needed support for our small team based in Berlin. As an intern you will work with the team in their day-to-day activities and also help with reaching out to libraries and publishers worldwide, thus gaining valuable insights into the library and publishing world. This position would ideally suit a student of Librarianship/Information Science looking to gain experience in a highly innovative environment. The internship is limited to 3-6 months with 20-40 hours a week, depending on your availability.
What you’ll be doing:
- Provide administrative support for the KU team on a day-to-day basis
- Prepare professional business communication documents including memos, letters, invoices, reports and emails and make sure everybody is literally on the same page
- Support our existing customer base in Europe, North America and Asia-Pacific
- Work together with the sales team to make the implementation of Knowledge Unlatched a success
- Provide implementation support and ensure all our partners are familiar with the functionalities of our digital platform as well as our business models
What we’re looking for:
- You have a BA or MA or are currently studying a relevant subject
- You have a good understanding of the media business and the publishing world
- You have strong communication and interpersonal skills and you easily interact and build relationships with others
- You speak excellent English and German (any other languages would also be welcome)
- You are outgoing, positive and friendly and can cope with stressful situations
- Previous work experience in customer or sales support is a big plus
What we offer:
- A professional, dynamic, and creative team that positively impacts the academic publishing world
- Flat hierarchies and opportunities for your professional development
- To work for a small enterprise means shaping the company from the very start, to accept responsibility, to learn from failures, to manage flexibility, and to enjoy an ambitious work environment
- We are looking forward to receiving your application to join the KU team. Please apply with your CV and your salary expectation at firstname.lastname@example.org.