Central Information for Publishers
KU Open Services helps publishers, librarians, and authors to achieve greater impact for their OA titles, through efficient and effective management of the discoverability process and total transparency
This page contains the key information on KU Open Services.
Why is KU Open Services Needed?
- Impact is as important for OA as for paywalled content
- Greater impact can be achieved through improved discoverability
- Improved discoverability relies on streamlined and effective workflows
What are the Benefits of KU Open Services?
- Title visibility in leading hosting platforms , indexing databases , and archives
- Easy importation into library catalogues
- Measures to reduce double dipping
- Complete transparency over the process and reliable data about the real impact of OA
How does KU Open Services work?
- KU titles are present in discovery systems DOAB, Google Scholar, ProQuest Serial Solutions, ExLibris (Primo Central), EBSCO Discovery Service, Knowledge Base, Worldcat and others
- Titles are hosted at OAPEN, HathiTrust and JSTOR
- Archiving with Portico and CLOCKKS
- Quarterly reporting on usage data
- Libraries provided with MARC records and direct push notification to 450+ KU libraries
- Transcript Verlag
- Academic Studies Press
- The University of North Carolina Press
- The University Press of Colorado